1. Using a grading rake, smooth out the area and make sure it is fairly level.
2. With a shovel, and spread gravel evenly, covering the entire area making sure it’s still fairly level. Use the grading rake for leveling.
3. Spread the dirt out and repeat the same steps as you did with the gravel.
4. Repeat the process with the sand. Once sand is spread evenly, do a final pass with the grading rake. This process will create a nice solid base and it will also provide proper drainage.
5. Go over the entire area with a soil compactor/tamper to pack down the base.
6. Lay a 2x4 board on its side to do the final grading and remove any excess sand.
7. Lay 2x4 down flat on the ground then place a level on top of it to check that your surface is even.
8. Build the ledger frame for the patio using wood stakes and bender board. The ledgers will help keep the pavers in place.
9. Use measuring tape to make sure the area is framed out evenly. If it’s not even, the pavers won’t line up correctly.
10. Run a string from end to end on the framework using stakes to hold up the string. Run one string for the outside edge to keep your pavers straight and one string to rest right on top of the pavers for the height.
11. As you lay pavers down, make sure you set them straight down, vertically. If pavers are shifted from side to side you will get sand in between the pavers and they will not sit evenly. If needed, simply pick up the pavers and use a trowel to level the sand for that square.
12. Repeat the process until area is complete.
13. When all pavers are down, use the tamper again on top of the pavers to settle them down.
14. Remove the bender board and stakes.
Richard Emanuele of Team Emanuele Real Estate "Expect Excellence"
Team Emanuele was established in 2009 by Richard Emanuele. He hand picked a select group of Real Estate professionals that have made it their mission to consistently offer excellent service while helping buyer's and sellers with all of their Real Estate needs. They continue to be a top producing Real Estate firm throughout the Las Vegas Valley, Henderson, and North Las Vegas areas. We have the experience and expertise to help you with Probate Sales, Short Selling, Divorcee Sales, or listing a home that's in an equitable position. We work with first time home buyers, buyers looking relocate locally or from out of state, Investors who are buying and flipping or buying and holding,both residential,commercial and land development.
We are a full service Real Estate firm.
We look forward to earning your business. Are motto is " Expect Excellence"
According to Zillow, based on data through November 30, 2018, the
"Zoran is a truly wonderful real estate professional and his knowledge of the Las Vegas market is second to none. While we were living out of state, as a result of Zoran's marketing, our South Summerlin House was under contract in two weeks after it went on market. The transaction could not have been smoother. He knew exactly where to price the home, and we could not be more satisfied with the entire transaction. Rating Zoran with 5 stars was difficult; he deserves more!"