1. Using a grading rake, smooth out the area and make sure it is fairly level.
2. With a shovel, and spread gravel evenly, covering the entire area making sure it’s still fairly level. Use the grading rake for leveling.
3. Spread the dirt out and repeat the same steps as you did with the gravel.
4. Repeat the process with the sand. Once sand is spread evenly, do a final pass with the grading rake. This process will create a nice solid base and it will also provide proper drainage.
5. Go over the entire area with a soil compactor/tamper to pack down the base.
6. Lay a 2x4 board on its side to do the final grading and remove any excess sand.
7. Lay 2x4 down flat on the ground then place a level on top of it to check that your surface is even.
8. Build the ledger frame for the patio using wood stakes and bender board. The ledgers will help keep the pavers in place.
9. Use measuring tape to make sure the area is framed out evenly. If it’s not even, the pavers won’t line up correctly.
10. Run a string from end to end on the framework using stakes to hold up the string. Run one string for the outside edge to keep your pavers straight and one string to rest right on top of the pavers for the height.
11. As you lay pavers down, make sure you set them straight down, vertically. If pavers are shifted from side to side you will get sand in between the pavers and they will not sit evenly. If needed, simply pick up the pavers and use a trowel to level the sand for that square.
12. Repeat the process until area is complete.
13. When all pavers are down, use the tamper again on top of the pavers to settle them down.
14. Remove the bender board and stakes.
Richard Emanuele of Team Emanuele Real Estate "Expect Excellence"
Team Emanuele was established in 2009 by Richard Emanuele. He hand picked a select group of Real Estate professionals that have made it their mission to consistently offer excellent service while helping buyer's and sellers with all of their Real Estate needs. They continue to be a top producing Real Estate firm throughout the Las Vegas Valley, Henderson, and North Las Vegas areas. We have the experience and expertise to help you with Probate Sales, Short Selling, Divorcee Sales, or listing a home that's in an equitable position. We work with first time home buyers, buyers looking relocate locally or from out of state, Investors who are buying and flipping or buying and holding,both residential,commercial and land development.
We are a full service Real Estate firm.
We look forward to earning your business. Are motto is " Expect Excellence"
As a Skye Canyon premiere agent let us introduce you to this new,
"My husband and I decided to sell our home, and started our house hunt through Zillow. As we inquired on a home, we received a phone call from Richard Emanuele. This phone call would be our saving grace, a blessing from above…No lie!! My first thought was… is he one of those realtors who talks a lot, or is just trying to sell us on going with his agency just to make a quick profit? NO! Rich was strictly about finding out what we wanted, and looked out for the best interest of our needs, style and budget. His experience and knowledge of the real estate market here in Las Vegas, really made this transition to our new home a painless process. He placed our home on the market, and within 23 days, we had an offer, and we quickly headed out to search for the home of our dreams! After a few home searches, open houses and private viewings, we found the perfect home! Richard provided us with detailed feedback on the condition of the new home, things to look out for with the in-ground pool, all while providing us with decorating ideas throughout the home! This is his niche, and this real estate world is second nature to him. His expertise and knowledge just filled our ears with excitement!! What a Gem you are Richard!
After our offer was made and accepted, Richard and Melissa from Team Emanuele worked quickly, and efficiently to speed the process (due to our time constraints of us needing to be out of our now sold home, and into our new home within 30days). During the whole process, we were kept in the loop at all times, via phone calls, text messages and emails (all bases covered). He even gave suggestions on extremely reliable lenders, and title companies who don’t tend to drag their feet during desperate hours. He set realistic expectations throughout the whole process, and keeping everything 100%! I can’t say enough good things about Richard and Team Emanuele. They are truly our family, not just the Best Real Estate Company out here, but true family and a friendship that will last a lifetime! Priceless! Thank You Richard Emanuele and the whole Emanuele Team for making a stressful process, completely stress-free! Stay Blessed"